Friday, September 07, 2007

SICKANDTIRED

uninsured1.jpg

uninsured2.jpg

A little collaboration with Wendy Dembo from Cool Hunting (and soon to be mom!).
I'll let her explain how this went down.
"Last year when The Gap came out with their (red) campaign, the first word/s that popped into my head, was insu(red)/unisu(red).  I wondered why they didn't make an uninsu(red) shirt. They did a few  kind of ironic shirts like bo(red) and ti(red).
I think that insurance is going to be the touch point for the 2008 Presidential election. And I thought that making these shirts could hopefully get some uninsured kids to think about their need for health insurance, perhaps even the need for universal health care.
I ran into Jeff of the Reed Space at a party and told him about my idea. And he thought that it was a good idea too. He designed and manufactured the shirts. It took some time, but starting Friday the shirts will be available at the Reed Space. We hope that they will start a dialogue...."

Wow...this is what collaboration used to be like. Two people getting together to make something simply because it SHOULD be made.
Reed Space
151 Orchard St (Bet Rivington and Stanton) New York, NY 10002  
212-253-0588